The Winneshiek Medical Center Laboratory provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic laboratory services, including anatomic and clinical pathology testing. The department is staffed with certified technologists under the medical direction of a full-time physician pathologist.
Lab Screening Services
Lab Screening Services are available to help you monitor your own health. (Patients requiring lab work in coordination with their clinical care should work directly with their health care provider.)
Community Screen: $40
- Lipid panel – Screen cholesterol, calculated LDL, HDL and triglycerides.
- Glucose – Measure blood sugar levels.
- TSH – Screen for thyroid disorders.
Lipid Panel: $25
Screen cholesterol, calculated LDL, HDL and triglycerides.
Measure blood sugar levels.
Screen for thyroid disorders.
Determine average blood sugar level.
Screen for prostate cancer in men.
About Lab Screening Services:
- Call for a Lab appointment:
- Decorah: 563-382-2911
- Ossian: 563-532-9500
- Mabel: 507-493-5115
- You do not need a doctor’s written order.
- Payment is due at the time of testing by cash, check or credit card. Charges will not be submitted to insurance; we can offer these tests at affordable prices by avoiding processing of claims for insurance or billing.
- Results are available through WMC’s MyChart. Your results will be mailed to you within five business days only if you indicate mail is your preferred method of communication.
- Winneshiek Medical Center will keep a record of your results, but it is your responsibility to make an appointment with the provider of your choice to discuss test results.
- All patients must be 18 years of age or older.