The Winneshiek Medical Center Laboratory provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic laboratory services, including anatomic and clinical pathology testing. The department is staffed with certified technologists under the medical direction of a full-time physician pathologist.
Walk-In Wellness Testing
To help you monitor your health on a budget, Winneshiek Medical Center offers Walk-In Wellness Testing. Walk-In Wellness Testing is a service that allows people to have lab tests done without a doctor’s written order. Walk-In Wellness Testing is available to anyone, but was created to benefit patients who are un- or underinsured, have high deductibles or Health Savings Accounts, need regular lab tests for medication refills, or for people who want to monitor their own health in an easy and convenient way. For more information on Walk-In Wellness Testing, call 563-382-2911.
About Walk-In Wellness Testing:
- You do not need a doctor’s written order.
- Payment is due at the time of testing by cash, check or credit card. Charges will not be submitted to insurance; we can offer these tests at affordable prices by avoiding processing of claims for insurance or billing.
- Test results will be mailed to the address you provide within five business days.
- Winneshiek Medical Center will keep a record of your results, but it is your responsibility to make an appointment with the provider of your choice to discuss test results.
- All patients must be 18 years of age or older.
Decorah Walk-in Wellness Testing Hours
Walk-In Wellness Testing is available from 7:00 am – 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday. Enter through the Winneshiek Medical Center Main Entrance for registration and payment before proceeding to Lab for your selected tests.
Ossian Clinic Walk-in Wellness Testing Hours
Walk-In Wellness Testing is available from 7:30 am – 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday in the Ossian Clinic (112 E. Main St., Ossian, IA).
Mabel Clinic Walk-in Wellness Testing Hours
Walk-In Wellness Testing is available from 7:30 am – 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday in the Mabel Clinic (114 Main St. South, Mabel, MN).
In This SectionNo related content Return to Our Services
Making a difference for Tommy
“Seeing a child lying is a hospital bed tugs on people’s heart strings. Maybe they imagine their own child being sick, or they can just empathize with the parents,” says Tommy Hammel's mother, Kim. “At Winneshiek Medical Center, their concern was demonstrated by the professionalism and compassion they showed my son and our family.”