Safe & Secure
Safety and security are a priority at Winneshiek Medical Center, which is why we have enhanced safety measures for our smallest patients and new families. It is important for families to share the joy of a new birth with others within the parameters of safety. Although multiple safety measures are currently in place, families can be assured our enhanced guidelines even further reduce safety risks.
The following guidelines have been implemented:
- WMC Visiting Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Exceptions are made for special circumstances by health care providers or the OB staff.
- OB encourages no more than four WELL visitors per patient at any one time.
- NOTE: Please see COVID-19 visitor restrictions for updated guidelines.
- All newborns are protected by a security system called HUGS
- OB is a place for bonding, resting, learning and healing. Please be respectful of the new families and keep visits brief.
The first days with a newborn are a time of bonding, rest and healing. We encourage family and friends to limit their visits to allow the mother to rest, OB staff to offer teaching moments, and provide time for the new family to bond.