How to Prepare For My Clinic Appointment
We recommend that you select a primary care provider for your ongoing care. Your personal family health care provider allows for continuity of care and knows when to refer you for specialized medical services should the need arise.
Please make appointments as far in advance as possible and specify the nature of your problem so we can schedule an appropriate amount of time for the visit.
If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so that the time can be given to another patient.
- Patient service representatives are available Monday – Friday from
7 am – 6 pm to assist you in scheduling a clinic appointment.
- On the day/time of your appointment, enter the building through the WMC Main Entrance on the North side of the campus. Please park in Parking Lot A.
- Inside the Main Entrance, please check in with our registration representatives who will verify/update your insurance and demographic information and direct you to your appointment location.
- Please bring your current insurance card.
- Please bring your current medications in the original bottles or containers.
- Please be prepared to pay any co-pays if applicable, according to your personal insurance plan.
- If your doctor recommends a follow-up appointment, we will help you schedule before you leave, or we will call you to schedule the appointment if it is more convenient for you.
Patients who choose to go to Mayo Clinic for more specialized services will find a number of services in place to ensure a smooth transition to care in Rochester. The smooth transition to care is due in part to Winneshiek Medical Center’s partnership with Mayo Clinic Health System.
Patients can opt to seek services at specialty care centers other than Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Your physician will help facilitate the referral the health care center of your choice. Follow-up care will be provided by your primary care doctor upon your return.