Visitors are welcome at Winneshiek Medical Center from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm. Visitors should enter the Main Entrance on the North side of campus. The reception staff or information desk volunteer will direct you to the appropriate area of the medical center. Visitation may be restricted or limited to provide safe patient care.
Visitors are limited in the Obstetrics Department. See the Safe & Secure guidelines for specific details.
- Keep visits brief, quiet, and pleasant.
- Make sure children are accompanied by an adult other than the patient.
- Visitors should not have colds or infections.
- Observe signs on patient room doors.
Winneshiek Medical Center tobacco-free.
NO TOBACCO USAGE is permitted on any part of the hospital campus, including buildings, grounds and parking lots.
Visitor Limitations – Winter 2015
In response to the rise in influenza, Winneshiek Medical Center is implementing visitor limitations. “It is our standard to implement visitor limitations to protect our patients who are already ill and the newborns we are caring for,” says Brenda Schwan, RN, BSN, CIC, WMC Infection Prevention Specialist. “We want the public to understand that our priority is to protect patients who trust their care to us. This means implementing limitations that may affect whether or not you will be allowed to visit.”
WMC visitor limitations include:
- Visiting Hours are 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- WELL visitors ONLY. Feeling WELL means you have no fever, no cough, no sore throat, no achiness, no chills, no headache, no stuffy or runny nose.
- You MUST feel well AND clean your hands before entering any patient room. WMC provides sanitizer dispensers throughout the facility.
“Our staff may modify these limitations under special circumstances, such as end of life situations,” says Schwan. “The decision to modify visitor limitations will be based on the needs of our patients.”