For the third year, WMC hosts community picnic
Winneshiek Medical Center will hold a Grand Community Picnic on Thursday, September 1 from 4-7 pm on the WMC campus.
“More than 100 years ago, we committed to serving the health care needs of this county and region and that lifelong partnership is still strong today,” says Lisa Radtke, chief administrative officer, Winneshiek Medical Center. “We’re proud to be the second largest critical access hospital in Iowa and know our strength is built on community support. This picnic is an opportunity to show our gratitude to the people who trust us to provide health care for their families, neighbors and friends.”
Everyone is invited to enjoy free:
- BBQ pork sandwich (catered by U-2 Catering), chips and a beverage
- Mayo One helicopter tours
- WMC ambulance tours
- Dunk tank chances
- Pokey Pete rides
- Popcorn from the Lion’s Club
- Trolley rides by Decorah Trolley Company
- Rub-on tattoos
- Live music by local bands Homeward Bound, Steve Belay and Helen Johnson
- Strolling magicians
- Garden tours
- Garden food demonstrations
- Blood pressure checks provided by WMC volunteers
- Visits from Ronald McDonald
- Fitness challenges and prizes for kids
Moo-Mobile shakes will also be available for $1 each throughout the evening.
The picnic is made possible with the help of more than 100 staff volunteers from Winneshiek Medical Center, the WMC Auxiliary and WMC Foundation, and will be held rain or shine.
Convenient parking will be available, with regular trolley rides running from the parking lots to the event site, as well as to the helicopter and ambulance garage for tours.
Information on the WMC Grand Community Picnic is also available at www.winmedical.org/community-picnic. For additional information on the picnic or other Winneshiek Medical Center activities, please call the WMC Community Relations department at 563-382-2911 or email email@example.com.