Winneshiek Medical Center in Decorah becomes Test Iowa site
Beginning Monday, October 12, 2020, Winneshiek Medical Center in Decorah will become a Test Iowa site for people in northeast Iowa.
Test Iowa is a statewide initiative to expand COVID-19 testing, with sites/clinics available across the state. Local clinic sites are partnerships between the State of Iowa and local health care providers to increase access to testing in their communities. Local clinics operate and staff the test sites. The state provides testing supplies and processes the samples through the State Hygienic Lab.
Any Iowan can visit www.testiowa.com to complete the short online assessment and schedule an appointment for testing.
“Test Iowa is a way for citizens of our state to have increased access to testing. The results help state and local officials understand the spread of COVID-19, contain it and ultimately make decisions to reduce the spread,” says Kevin Locke, M.D., Mayo Clinic Health System family medicine physician at Winneshiek Medical Center. “We are pleased to be able to take an active role in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in our region by offering a Test Iowa location closer to home.”
Winneshiek Medical Center staff will administer the COVID-19 tests on behalf of Test Iowa. Lisa Radtke, chief administrative officer, Winneshiek Medical Center, says, “Our staff have been administering COVID-19 tests since the onset of the pandemic, and we plan to incorporate the Test Iowa tests into our current processes. Tests will be sent to the State Hygienic Lab daily via courier and results will be communicated to the patient by Test Iowa.”
Important Details for Test Iowa at Winneshiek Medical Center
- Any Iowan can be tested for COVID-19 through Test Iowa.
- There is no charge to the patient for Test Iowa COVID-19 tests.
- Iowans MUST complete the online assessment at www.testiowa.com to be eligible.
- Iowans MUST bring identification (example: driver’s license, school ID) and a print out of the confirmation QR code or show the QR code on their smartphone upon arrival.
- All Test Iowa appointments at Winneshiek Medical Center must be scheduled online, after completing the online assessment at www.testiowa.com.
- Test Iowa testing will be available Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Testing hours at Winneshiek Medical Center may change. All Test Iowa tests must be scheduled online. Walk-ins will not be allowed.