WMC to limit visitors, effective immediately
Our actions for this align with the recommendations from the Iowa Department of Public Health. For the safety of our patients and staff Winneshiek Medical Center will limit visitors until further notice.
These limitations will be enforced unless there are special circumstances such as end of life or critical needs. At this time, our staff will make the decision based on the needs of the patient.
WMC visitor limitations include:
- Visiting hours are from 8:30 am – 8:30 pm for well visitors only.
- Well includes:
- No fever
- No cough
- No sore throat
- No achiness
- Visitors must be over the age of 18.
- There is a one-visitor limit per inpatient stay (same visitor for the duration of the patient stay).
- A spouse/support person is the allowed visitor in the OB department.
- All visitors must clean your hands before entering any patient room— WMC provides hand sanitizer wall dispensers throughout the facility.
- All visitors will be screened prior to entering the facility.
Please call 563-382-2911 before arriving to our clinic, urgent care or emergency room with respiratory symptoms (fever or cough). For all COVID-19 resources please continue to monitor Winneshiek County Public Health or Iowa Department of Public Health.