How to Report a Complaint

Winneshiek Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission.

Are you unhappy with the care, services or treatments you received at Winneshiek Medical Center? There is a process to follow to make your concerns heard.

  1. Tell your caregiver at the time the care is given. Many times a concern is the result of a miscommunication between health care provider and patient. Ask for clarification, and your health care provider will help you understand. If you are unhappy with your care, we listen to your concerns and discuss different options with you.
  2. Report your concern to the department manager. If you are uncomfortable talking directly to your health care provider, ask for the department manager. That person will be happy to assist you in finding a solution to your concerns.
  3. Report your concern to administration. Administration officials, although not directly involved in your care, will work to help you resolve your concern. They will take your information and details of the incident(s), and work with the appropriate staff to reach a solution.

Winneshiek Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations. Joint Commission accreditation is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards. To earn and maintain The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval, an organization must undergo an on-site survey by a Joint Commission survey team at least every three years. The Joint Commission encourages you to first bring your complaint to the attention of Winneshiek Medical Center’s leaders. If this does not lead to resolution, bring your complaint to the Joint Commission for review. To directly report to the Joint Commission, go to